Loading
MAFIA SPIRIT

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

More Zynga Executives Say Goodbye

 

Mike Verdu

Chief Creative Officer at Zynga, Mike Verdu confirmed to AllThingsD that he is leaving Zynga to start his own game company.  AllThingsD also reported that Zynga will be an investor in Verdu’s new company.

On the heels of several other Zynga executives taking a gamble and leave Zynga Mike Verda and Zynga made this press release earlier today;

Starting A New Chapter

Submitted by Mike Verdu on Tue, 08/28/2012 - 15:00

During my three years at Zynga, I've seen the company grow from a small, scrappy start-up on the frontier of interactive entertainment to a large, world-class organization with 20 development studios around the world and a deep well of amazing talent. With just the right mix of Web 2.0 and game DNA, Zynga blends art and science to deliver game experiences that are played by tens of millions of people every day on their computers and mobile devices.

I'm very proud of my part in building this remarkable company, especially in growing and nurturing what has become a vibrant community of game designers, producers, and creative leaders. These are the people who will create the entertainment experiences of the future.

Now, however, it's time for me to try something new. Being at Zynga in the early days reminded me of how much I love being an entrepreneur. After a lot of soul-searching, I have decided to go back to my roots and start a new company.

It's tough to leave people I admire and respect - and something that I have helped to build. I thank Mark for his leadership, friendship, and unwavering support. And I thank the people of Zynga for making my time at the company some of the best years of my career.

This makes investors, as well as fans of Zynga’s games and services, wonder what is going on inside Townsend Center (Zynga’s Headquarters)? How volatile is Zynga? How many more employees and executives will say goodbye to Hollywood (Hollywood being Zynga)?

Say Goodbye To Hollywood

No comments:

Best Blogger TipsComment here

Please Express Your Views About This Topic.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

.

.
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips
Receive Free Updates Via Email. Subscribe Now!